Thursday, June 4, 2009

Is healthy a relative term?

Okay, I'm probably going to get a little ranty here but I read a couple things on a message board that irritated me.

Someone posted a "healthy" muffin recipe (okay, not being so secretive here) & was lambasted for it not being healthy according to someone else's definition. It uses flour (gasp), REAL sugar (gasp again) & even mentions adding Splenda for extra sweetness.

Okay. None of that seems that unhealthy to me! I use real sugar myself because I dont like artificial sweeteners. It's in my baking & in my coffee if I have it, etc. And white flour can be easily substituted (she even indicates that on the recipe.)

So why on earth does someone else make it their mission to flame or continue to comment on what's healthy or not. Not once but TWICE?!?

To me, healthy is using the most natural ingredients. Sugar is more natural that some chemically manufactured sweetener.

Next thing they'll say is that fruit is bad & has too much sugar. Oh wait, someone already has!

How do YOU define healthy? Do you take it to extremes or just strive to live within normal boundaries?

We weren't meant to live off chicken breast & broccoli folks!

ps...never say that a figure competitor doesn't belong on stage or isnt ready. You have NO idea what road they traveled to get on stage & what they've overcome to get there!

/rant (lol)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...