Monday, December 20, 2010

There's something about.....

....birthdays.

....getting older.

....getting bored with your hairstyle.

So what happens when you are creeping (okay speeding) towards a HUGE birthday. You know, the last one in your 30's. You decide you are bored with your long hair. Yep, that's what I've done.

I have an appointment with my fabulous friend, Katy, tomorrow to chop off some of my hair. After a FB conversation, with a few friends interjecting...one saying NO & the other saying it's only hair. AND Katy asking me if I needed to be talked off a ledge, she agreed to cut it. Katy LOVES my long hair but understands that I need something spicy.

That said, I'm not going uber short & still need to be able to pull it out of my face (hello gym rat) so we are talking shoulder-ish length. I won't lie. It's been a LONG time since my hair hasn't been half way down my back so I'm a little nervous but equally excited. I've been googling "celebrity shoulder length hairstyles" until I'm green & the best reference I can give you is Kelly Ripa. Still long-ish but can be pulled back & is stylish/fun.

Perhaps I'll share once I do the deed tomorrow ;)

Have you done anything somewhat drastic before a big birthday? Chopped off all your hair, changed colors, moved to another continent? lol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...