I LOVE this song! Does everyone remember when Missy got skinny? This was the first song that came out. Love her first line (clipped for title.)
Anyway, it's a kick-ass song & really got my blood pumping. What songs do that for you? I have a lot but usually the first one I hear during my workout sticks. Well, that & anything that I hear by LL (I have dates with him pretty regularly!)
I wanted to share an epiphany moment with you all. I've been working the "K-Factor" lately (tease tease tease) which is all about eating real food, moving daily & enjoying life. You could call it living large if you'd like. But with that, I'm finding myself feeling pretty liberated & letting go of some "rules" that stick in my head. Not all of them are gone & I get some tough love (not complaining) when they creep in but it's been really good to work through. I'm enjoying the part where I find my way back to who I once was.
So I come to last night when I was at a party (home decor) at a friend's house. She always makes awesome goodies so I fed hubby & didn't eat with him knowing that I was going to enjoy some good eats. I went in with a plan to enjoy one piece of each item I wanted (there were 4 items.) So I had some tortilla chips with salsa, small piece of veggie pizza (the cold kind) & a few dessert treats. I enjoyed every bite. I wasn't stuffed. I didn't feel guilt over what I ate. I had fun with my friends & enjoyed some good eats. Towards the end of the party, I got hungry again so had a few more chips with salsa (homemade & SO good!) But as I did that I sat back & watched my surroundings. That being my friends piling food on their plates.
It really took my head back to where I once was with binging & bad behaviors. I remember when the food hiding started (when my brother died) & doing that at the age of 10 is baffling to me but you know we adapt & create comfort where we can. That's what I did & I was instantly grateful that I could be around that food, enjoy a small portion of it to be satisified & walk away.
That suddenly got deep. Ha! Sorry but it was something that was heavily on my mind this morning. I even told Kevin about it when I got home. We met when I'd already lost over 100 pounds so he never knew that part of me. He's been through a lot with me during contest diet, post-show stuff, etc. But he never fails to tell me that he's proud of me. What a fabulous cheerleader (he's one of a few than are so encouraging to me daily.)
With that, I leave you with a picture of us from the wedding Saturday. My hair is straight but my stylist curled it for me after she cut it. Super fun!!! I need to mention that I felt awesome that night & got TONS of compliments ;)

Have a fabulous day!