Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Game on! (TBL spoilers included)

Yes, I've used that title before but for some reason this time feels different. Many of you know my story & struggles of being overweight pretty much my whole life. I got my head out of my rear, got healthy, ran marathons then decided to do a couple figure shows. So so fun! The dieting took it's toll on my body & it's taken well over a full year to get back to "normal." I've reached that place where all systems are go. I feel like my body is ready to try again. I tried last month but stayed about the same place.

What better time than the start of the new season of The Biggest Loser to make the change? Whether you have no weight to lose & just want to tighten things up or 100 pounds to drop, there's no time like the present to make that happen. Go for it. What are you afraid of? Join me along with a few friends that will post each Wednesday in the comments section with the good, bad & the ugly (hello candy corn) of how your previous week went.

I will also recap the show so be warned if you had to DVR & watch it later!

So let's talk about last night? SOBBING pretty much sums it up! I emailed my best friend (who I usually watch with) because I stayed home since I wasnt feeling well. There are a few that stand out to me.

Abby of course. Losing her husband, 5 year old daughter & infant son in a car accident in the blink of an eye. She was by God's grace not in the car & I think He just has big things in store for her. Humbling.

Next up is Shay. She weighs in at 476 pounds. She's the biggest contestant EVER to be on the show. (There's actually 4 or 5 of them in the 400's!) She talked about her story & when the doctor showed her physical age to be around 45, she cried, sharing that her Mom was just a few years old when she died. It was poor health that claimed her Mom's life. I want to hug her & tell her she does NOT have to repeat that fate. I know that story all too well.

Finally, Coach Mo. What's not to love? He's going to challenge those other contestants & be the one that works hard in the background. He'll shock them all!

I was sad to see Alexandria go home. She's a beautiful girl & got stuck with a partner (Julio) who I just dont think is ready yet. Anyway, she did great at home & has now lost 60 pounds. Not only that, she's encouraging her family to live better. So cute to see her prodding her Mom to work harder on the treadmill!

Those are the things that stood out to me most but I had tears just watching the promos! What a great, inspiring & motivational show. Will this be the season that encourages you to reach your goals?

So check your weight, take your measurements, hang up your skinny jeans, whatever it takes. Make today DAY 1 of your challenge. There are millions around the country who will be inspired this season. Will you be one of them?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...