Friday, July 10, 2009

When to let go.

I find myself a hair-bit irritated today. I do not like drama, I do not like the he said, she said stuff, I do not keep alot of close friends because that's just how I am. I keep in touch with quite a few people via email, text, etc though sometimes that's even sparse. It's just part of me & a defense mechanism that was instilled when my brother died. You do funny things at the age of 10 to cope. Hello eating disorder.

Anyway, sometimes I feel that even though friendships can be made & bonds can become close, I also feel that sometimes friendships are not really meant to be. People come into your life for a season, that season passes & while it's not always easy to part ways, I know in my heart when that time comes.

So I get confused when I dont hear from "parted ways" for a long time then all the sudden the contacts pop up once again. I'm not trying to be hurtful & would NEVER EVER hurt anyone intentionally but sometimes it's just time to let go.

I've had my feelings hurt & probably hurt others without realizing I did it. I did reach out to an old friend recently after learning of a family struggle. I put on my big girl panties to let her know that I was thinking of her family. It was the right thing to do. We may or may not cross paths again but letting someone know you are praying for them in times like that is just important.

Now I'm faced with how to handle my current situation. Respond, let it go, etc? I really dont know how I'll handle it to be honest. Again, I dont want to hurt people & want people feeling like I've been someone I wasnt. That is not the case at all but I've been taught by a very wise woman who walks with Jesus now that sometimes just letting go is the best.

Gah, I wish I could ask her for advice now.

Sorry to be so heavy lately. I guess that's where my head is at the moment. But wait, it's MY blog ;) lol

Honestly though, life is good. I'm carrying on facing each day knowing that it really could be my last. Enjoying the friends & family that have been by my side for a very long time. And equally enjoying the new family that I will join come February!

My weekend is filled with lifelong friends, newer friends who've still been around for a long time, beer, wings & some UFC fights!

How would you handle the situation I described? AND what are you doing this weekend?

**Disclaimer**
I suspect this could have folks wondering..OMG is it me? I suspect that the individuals this involves do NOT read this blog. So dont go getting all paranoid on me, K? lol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...