Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Drumroll...............................................


I like the dots...hehehehe (oh & I like Dots.) Sorry, corny but I found it amusing :) lol

So I did my "official" one month weigh-in & measurements. I'm down 3 pounds for the month of June & I think 7 inches! The inches mostly came from my waist, hips & thighs. Not a bad thing indeed! I think that's a realistic amount to drop for one month. I always go up during TOM & it takes at least a week to drop back down so one week of the month is a neutral ;)

I'm feeling good & definitely seeing changes in the mirror.

So how am I doing it? Well, I'm eating. I'm not counting macros or calories though we all know (especially WW folks) that you can still tally points in your head. I suspect I'm eating an average of 1500 calories per day if you really want to know. TONS of fruit, veggies (not tons), lean proteins & I always start the day with a smoothie. ALWAYS! I've been doing that for about a month now.

My smoothies always consist of FF milk or light soymilk, FF plain yogurt, ground flaxseed, honey, 1/2 scoop of protein powder, a banana, frozen berries of some sort & frozen spinach. It's such a great way to start the day, it's filling & I read in Thrive that your body best processes shakes after workouts. No...I'm not becoming vegan (after you click the link you'll understand that) but I love reading nutrition books of all sorts & this is a GREAT read!

Back to how I'm doing it, I'm having a more open weekend with eats but not going overboard. We even chowed a casino buffet this weekend & I didnt gain an ounce!

I'm working out 3 days a week with weights, doing 15-20 min of cardio on training days & 30-40 mins on non-training days (typically only 30 unless I'm running) and I'm taking at least 1 day off a week.

So that's what I'm doing. I'm LIVING! It's fun, I feel great & I'm not giving anything up...at all! Did I mention the dark chocolate I have on some nights? Trader Joe's has the 100 calorie bars of 70% dark chocolate. So yummy!

I feel like no matter what the scale says that I'm living my best life. I'm grateful for that! I am ME, I am STRONG, I am DETERMINED & I am going to take nothing for granted!

Bring on July!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...