I wonder how many may think that's a bad thing. Yet, it's totally not my intention.
First things first...the water heater is FINALLY fixed. Dad took care of it last night & it was sweet music to my hears to hear it running. I swear that thing sounds like a jet taking off when the gas lights. So I took a HOT shower at home for the first time since last Sunday. Yes, I've been showering..either a cold one at home or decent one at Kevin's.
Back to the "sign of the times." I woke up this morning & was out the door on time to meet Kevin at the gym (we have a 530am date on training days.) It's day #1 of this month's training program. It was a good workout. I'll head back after work for cardio. I try to split them when I can.
Got to work & sat down to emails. Then it hit me. I feel good. I mean I feel really good. I've been eating well, not tracking calories or anything (though I still have a rough tally in my head) & know I'm eating enough. I'm successfully cutting processed/unnatural things out of my diet & am not fixated on things that programs tell me I can or cannot have. I'm eating.
I've been a little irritated with the scale not shifting much either but it's shifting down little by little. AND I'm noticing a better appearance in my "trouble" areas. Did the cavemen get on a scale & let it dictate how they felt about themselves? I wonder. Who created the scale & what made that person decide that it was a good measure to have? Oh sheesh, I could rant on...lol
I guess for me it really all boils down to knowing that I'm doing all the right things for my life & for my health. Other things will fall into place as a result & I'm happy with that outcome..whenever it comes.
Are you happy with you today? I mean not the number the scale tells you or what size jeans you are wearing either. Are you living well? Enjoying the blessings in front of you & taking time to smell the roses?
If you arent, I do believe you are missing out!