Friday, May 15, 2009

Cheat, treat or just living?

I was emailing a friend earlier in reference to a few blogs that I read daily. It came to mind that none of them refer to foods at "treats" or meals out as "cheats." Never do you see that.

Why? Because it's JUST FOOD!!!!

They are simply eating what they want. Enjoying wine & beer with dinner (daily for some) & never once do you hear them complain about a "binge" that includes a handful of M&M's.

Why? Because it's JUST FOOD!!!!!!

We've become so programmed by the good food & bad food mentality that we forget.

It's JUST FOOD!!!!!

Okay, maybe I'm being a little repetitive & maybe it's silly. I myself have struggled with binge eating. It got pretty bad & there was a time in my life that it wasnt "just food." I spent many years actually turning to that food for comfort. I wanted it to make me feel better so I ate as much of it as I could.

Lately though, I find myself eating to kill the hunger. Isn't that what food is for? Beat the hunger that our body is signaling us as a sign that it needs something to continue functioning properly. The food is FUEL! It's a means for our bodies to continue to work as it should. Yes our bodies are amazing machines & will adapt as necessary.

Have you read My Best Friend by Kath?

Will you start eating "just food" & respect the body you have? Or will you continue to "cheat" & "treat" your way through life.

Start "just living."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...