Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bonus for today!

I wanted to share this here. It was a post in response to a thread on the Oxygen forum that asks "are you happy with your body." I've been talking with a friend today about body issues, etc, so my mind was fresh in the moment after having just emailed her back. So I wanted to put this out there.....

-I do realize that my body is healthy, functioning properly & I feel great. Weight is a blip on the radar is not keeping me from being me.

-So while yes, I'd love to drop that 15 pounds that my ass seems to be carrying around. I will remind myself that it doesnt define me, my passions, my friends or anything about me!

-It's a battle I've waged my WHOLE life & I chose at 37 to not let it be a battle any longer.

-I'm going to eat well (90%) of the time, lift weights, run like the wind & enjoy the life given to me!

-Then when 40 rolls around, I can see that I've not wasted anymore time worrying about things that don't really matter!

Why? Because life it too short!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...