Monday, September 15, 2008

Is it possible???

This weekend was an eventful one with all the rains that hit the Region & it left many with a significant amout of damage to businesses & homes. Today started cleanup for them although many roadways are still closed due to flooding & rivers are still cresting. Scary stuff.

Now, back to the topic at hand. You may ask "well, what is it?"

Balance is the one thing that many of seek in so many areas of our lives. Family, friends, exercise & especially diet. Who doesnt want to eat whatever they want & not gain an ounce?!? Certainly all of us strive for that.

So I sit here today, coming back from metabolic damage from hardcore contest dieting. Prior to that, I've always dieted although it didnt seem as daunting at that time. I was enjoying the foods I wanted & when I wanted them. I was able to strike a balance with an overindulgences by cutting back a bit the next day or paying penance on the cardio machine of choice. It was a good combo. I was running races, feeling great, enjoying good eats without stressing about it at all.

Enter online coaching & counting macros...it all goes downhill. I find myself fixated on how many grams of whatever each morsel had.

Even with Weight Watchers, I counted points but never felt that obsessiveness EVER!

How do I get back to that? I have an idea & I'm working on it.

With that comes the idea of looking & feeling frumpy. I realize at the moment I'm adorning my fashionably frumpy clothes.

I realized that this weekend as I watched the movie The Women. Meg Ryan's character learns that her hubby is having an affair. As she transforms into her own person in the movie, she goes from frumpy to fantastic.

It was then that I realized I've phased back into frumpy. I dont like it but it goes hand in hand about how I feel about myself. It's hard to break past that at the moment when I am carrying around some extra fluff. I dont want to wear my "fantastic" clothes & am content to cover up. Thankfully the cold weather is cooperating with that ability to cover.

So I'm on a mission to go from frumpy to fab once again. I've done it before, had a little setback but am determined to get there again. I owe it to myself & to the people in my life. I sell us all short by being frumpy. It's not a good look for anyone anyway!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...